Director of Finance
Posted on 06/23/2022Harvesters Reaching the Nations - Plano, TX 75075
Harvesters Reaching the Nations
The Director of Finance works closely with Executive Director to oversee an annual budget of $2M+. The Director of Finance has the responsibility of overseeing accounting policies, systems and processes, tax and regulatory requirements, payroll systems and processes and ministry controls, ongoing financial modeling and annual budgeting process.
Accounting, Payroll, Financial Systems and Financial Controls
1. Review monthly accounting entries and make whatever adjustments and reconciliations necessary in conjunction with respective staff members.
2. Review and approve payroll-processing bi weekly.
3. Approve all expenditures in excess of $1,000.
4. Prepare required schedules, provide requested items for Annual Audit and Form 990.
5. Monitor internal control procedures and discuss needs with the Executive Director. 6. Oversee accounting policies and procedures to meet both current and future ministry models.
1. Review quarterly financial statements and communicate to the Board.
2. Prepare and file required annual IRS forms Form 990.
3. Oversee preparation and filing of annual State registration forms.
1. Prepare worksheets with historical data for managers in each location
2. Compile worksheets into an enterprise wide budget document.
3. Meet with Executive Director and Development Director to make final adjustments to insure a viable financial plan for the coming year
4. Present to the Board.
1. Attend board meetings and assist Treasurer with financial updates to the Board.
2. Stay up-to-date on all Federal and State laws and regulations to monitor compliance regarding:
a. Non-profit status as a public charity
b. State registration requirements/procedures
c. Employers and payroll procedures/reporting.
1. Cash Receipts
a. Record weekly deposits into accounting software.
b. Record monthly online deposits from donor software into accounting system.
c. Record monthly mission campus receipts into accounting system and donor software.
2. Accounts Payable
a. Process accounts payable – pay bills, print checks or set up wire of funds, obtain approvals and signatures, input into accounting system, communicate with vendors.
b. Obtain Form W-9 from vendors as needed.
3. Financial Recording/Reporting
a. Transfer funds between various bank accounts as necessary.
b. Record transactions in accounting system, including cash receipts, operating disbursements, journal entries. c. Reconcile bank statements to cash balances monthly and forward reconciliation to board member for review.
d. Record consolidating entries monthly for Mission Area revenues/expenses.
4. Other responsibilities
a. Prepare and file required annual State registration forms.
b. Organize and maintain all files related to finances: vendors payments, wires, transfers, payroll, bank accounts, Mission Area accounting.
c. Work with the Director of Development to prepare financial reports needed to meet grant requirements.
- Growing Christian.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting with minimum 5 years of proven achievement in accounting field.
- High proficiency in QuickBooks a must (use of classes to track funds and reporting).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Google Docs.
- Nonprofit accounting experience is preferred.
- Highly motivated quick learner.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage tasks working independently Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
Please login to apply for this job.