Program Director, Master of Science in Speech Language Pathology (SLP)
Posted on 09/13/2023Oklahoma Baptist University - 500 W University, Shawnee, OK 74804
Oklahoma Baptist University
OBU is seeking an inspiring and motivated founding SLP Program Director for the new OBU Master of Science Program in Speech Language Pathology. The right SLP Program Director will provide academic and strategic leadership and serve to support and advocate for the goals and mission of the SLP Program and University. Qualified candidates will possess the ability to lead, manage, and oversee all program functions, including curriculum development, student instruction and progression, faculty performance evaluation and development, program assessment, and accreditation. Applicants must be able to prove the skills to promote and achieve program, faculty, and student goals and outcomes to demonstrate excellence and growth in academics, scholarship, and service. The chosen SLP Program Director will develop and maintain collaborative professional relationships with administrative departments, accrediting bodies, and institutional and clinical partnerships. They must also exhibit strong interpersonal and leadership skills, organization skills, faculty and staff management skills, and communication and collaboration skills in performance of all duties included in the formal job description. This position is eligible for consideration of remote/ hybrid work arrangements with the chosen Program Director required to be onsite when students are at OBU for specified program tasks. However, the preference is that this position be worked onsite at the OBU campus.
- Earned terminal academic doctorate (Ph.D., Ed.D., D.Sc.) in a discipline appropriate for teaching responsibilities from a regionally accredited institution or an earned Doctorate of Speech Language Pathology (SLPD).
- Eligible for senior faculty rank (Associate Professor or higher), with experience consistent with the OBU system for designated faculty rank.
- A minimum of three years of full-time experience as a core faculty member in a CAA accredited MS-SLP program.
- Applicable experience in leadership (SLP program leadership experience and/or demonstrated successful leadership experience with the CAA accreditation process are preferred).
- Knowledge of legislative, regulatory, legal, and practice issues affecting clinical education, students, and the profession of Speech-Language Pathology.
- Licensed, or eligible for licensure, as a Speech Language Pathologist in Oklahoma.
- Current certification as a CCC-SLP.
- Active in professional activities at local, state, and/or national levels.
- Must be an active member of an evangelical* church in one's community of residence, willing to teach in accordance with the Baptist Faith & Message 2000, and in agreement with the university's policy on human sexuality (provided by HR upon request).
*Evangelical is a broad term referring to a segment within Christianity which maintains the authority of the Bible and the belief in salvation by faith in Jesus alone.
**Please apply using the link for “Faculty Applications” on the OBU website at www.okbu.edu/hr/jobs.html. For the complete job description, please contact HR@okbu.edu. The information in this job posting contains partial information and is not considered all-inclusive of the duties and responsibilities of this job.
OBU Benefits Summary:
OBU understands that our employees are our most valuable assets when it comes to fulfilling our mission. We strive to offer an extensive array of benefits and opportunities for employees to choose from. OBU contributes generously to the monthly premiums for nationwide family-friendly Health and Dental coverages and provides free life insurance with accidental death and dismemberment equal to an employee’s base salary. There is generous paid time off that includes annual granted vacation time, accrued sick leave, six annual holidays, and week-long breaks for Thanksgiving and Christmas. There are employer matching opportunities for retirement investments in two different 403(b)(9) plans administered by GuideStone and the Teachers Insurance Annuity Association/ College Retirement Equity Fund (TIAA-CREF). OBU gives access to optional employee-paid ancillary benefits like vision, hospitalization, critical illness, accident, and additional family life insurance coverages. There are numerous other perks and opportunities like FREE family membership to the OBU Recreation and Wellness Center or RAWC, Global outreach university mission trips, education benefits at OBU and other institutions of higher education, cafeteria discounts, and parking privileges to name a few. For a complete list of current OBU employee benefits and opportunities, please visit our Employees Benefits page on our website.
Please login to apply for this job.