Apprentice for Commercial Glass Mechanic
Posted on 04/22/2022RAD Glass by RAD of South Florida - PLANTATION, FL 33313
TBD per hour Full Time
We are a small family business specializing in the
As a Glass Mechanic Apprentice with our commercial glass company, you will learn how to measure, cut and install exterior/interior impact glass and window storefronts and doors in office buildings, warehouses, restaurants, retail stores and malls. You will be physically active on the job demonstrating:
· Stamina: ability to stand, kneel and/or sit holding heavy pieces of glass until fully secured/installed.
· Strength: ability to life 50+ pounds regularly; ability to use suction cups to life heavy pieces of glass as a team.
· Balance: ability to balance on ladders and scaffolds often while lifting heavy glass and metal; ability to move safely over unseen terrain and/or in confined spaces.
· Hand-eye Coordination: ability to use tools to cut and/or trim glass, metal and other products accurately while on a job site then correctly install.
· Willingness and ability to learn new skills and knowledge, to accept instruction then apply on the job to:
- Read blueprints, drawings and plans at a basic level to accurately interpret then cut, size and install glass and other products
- Use measurement tools to accurately measure then cut to size glass and other products
- Use glazier/construction tools to cut, size, fit and install glass and other products
· Work effectively with team members, suppliers, contractors and customers in the warehouse and on job sites
· Be a team player, offering to help, demonstrating a friendly, positive attitude, focused on doing good work
· Demonstrate enough English communication skills to interact with team members, suppliers, contractors and customers
· Able to work overtime, nights and weekends as needed (infrequently)
Considered a Plus
· Own your own tools and know how to use them
· Bi-lingual, Spanish-speaking
· Previous construction, carpentry or glass experience
Please login to apply for this job.