Business Office Manager
Posted on 01/24/2023Southern Healthcare Management - Boynton Beach, FL
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Responsible for the financial functions of the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Recruits, hires, provides orientation/training, and retains a sufficient number of qualified staff to carry out the responsibilities of the Business Office. Ensures employee performance meets or exceeds expectations and periodic performance appraisals are conducted on a timely basis.
• Monitors billing and collection activities to achieve 100% prior month revenue collections on a monthly basis
• Assures proper accounting procedures and controls are in place and followed.
• Analyzes collections on a monthly basis. Assesses level of bad debt reserves, reviews and recommends write-offs.
• Ensures procedures are followed to achieve an accurate and timely closing at month end.
• Ensures all required records are maintained and submitted, as appropriate, in an accurate and timely manner and in compliance with federal and state regulations.
• Oversees the processing of accounts payable.
• Minimum of three (3) years experience in third party billing / collections in a decentralized billing environment. At least one (1) year experience in a supervisory capacity required.
• Proficient in the use of a personal computer with various software packages
• Solid customer service skills
Supervises the Business Office staff and others for whom they are administratively or professionally responsible.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
Working in normal office environment, employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, use keyboard, see, talk and hear. May occasionally lift objects of 10 to 25 lbs. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Participates in (or conducts) company-sponsored training to safeguard against improper use and disclosure of resident’s protected health information. Monitors and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and state and federal law. Agrees to adhere to and oversee communication of privacy guidelines relative to the confidentiality of residents' protected health information.
Please login to apply for this job.